Saturday, May 06, 2006

MARION WHIRLWIND TOURNAMENT

The Whirlwind Tournament began in Marion Friday night. Here are the results so far:

The 1st and 2nd grade boys team tied rats to the tongues of the Marion Cyclones 10-0.

The 3rd grade boys poured honey on Saline County and tied them to an ant hill, 8-0.

In more convential games...

The 3rd and 4th grade girls squeaked past the Marion Katz, 3-2. This game included one of the best plays I've seen at this level...no, the best play. On a Marion direct kick from just outside the box with minutes to play, the ball sailed over the head of the goalie only to be headed out by Suzanna Cohen at the goal line. I was standing behind the goal and had already mentally chalked up the goal. Unbelievable!

I checked on the 5th and 6th grade girls at halftime of the 3/4 girls game and was told that they were getting slapped around by the Marion Wildcats. However, every time I looked over there during the second half it seemed like our girls were taking a shot - turns out they lost 1-2, but from where I was standing when the game ended they seemed as excited as if they won.

The High School played, but I don't have the results.

No comments: