Saturday, April 30, 2005

5th and 6th Results

I caught a little of the girls' game Friday night. They were losing 0-3 to Marion, and things were not looking good. Imagine my suprise to check the board this morning and find out they came back and lost 2-3 (goals by Mackenzie Houseman and Katelyn Brush). They then lost to Carbondale 2-3, but came back to BEAT Saline County 2-0. Another Union County team that plays hard and is a LOT of fun to watch!

The boys team (who lost to Marion Friday night 0-4) put up a heck of fight before succumbing 1-2 to ...I forget. Colten Collier scored the only goal. I saw some of this game and I can tell you that Nathan Twente made the most remarkable save I have ever seen a goalie make. The ball was high; he leaped and punched it, but it went straight up. As he fell backwards he punched it two more times, landed on his back, and came up with the ball. How it didn't go in, I have no idea! They came back and tied Perryville 2-2 on two goals by Logan Miller.

No comments: