Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday Results

The High School team won tonight 2-1 against Albion. Daniel Cohen scored both goals - a man among boys. The Junior High team under Mark Boomer won 2-1, goals by Shawn Stone and Lance Dixon. The 5/6 coed team lost to a really good Marion team, 4-0, but I want to single out Travis Smith and Colten Collier for playing good enough to keep us in the game. I wandered over to see the 5/6 girls play for a while...at the time they were losing 3-0. The final score was 3-2!

If I could editorialize for a second...

If you have not been to an All-Star Tournament, you should come to Marion. You won't believe the level of intensity and skill our kids display. I have been involved with Union County Soccer for 8 years (!) now. When I think back to the beginning and consider how far we have come, I am absolutely amazed! Thank you to all the coaches who volunteer their time, the parents who allow their kids to participate (and skip dinner to get them to games and practice), and the kids themselves who work so hard to get better at the most popular game in the world. Bring the little ones...our kids are an inspiration!

No comments: